Updated Rink Protocols for Games
January 27, 2021
- Dwyer Arena, will be expanding staffing to include a group of interns who will assist and support with the monitoring of protocols with the return of games. The DOH has voiced a very limited tolerance for violations of protocols by team’s or the facility. With this we ask that all members of your group support the outlined guidelines so we can all enjoy a small return to normalcy with hockey games allowed again.
- Teams will arrive 20 minutes prior to their scheduled booking, complete the daily covid-19 health questionnaire (visiting teams will also need to fill it out), and take their temperature on the echelon scanner in the lobby. We ask that an abundance of caution be used by all members, if you feel sick please do not attend your ice session.
- Spectators will be limited to 2 per skater, with absolutely no exceptions. They will be required to wear a mask and be socially distanced in the stands at all times. They will also need to complete the daily health questionnaire/ temperature check. The DOH has emphasized that this aspect of return will be closely monitored. We will be turning on Livebarn to allow other members to view games
- Unlike in the past, team warmups/dryland workouts will not take place ahead of game or practice bookings in Dwyer Arena at this time.
- During game play, coaches must wear a mask at all times when on the bench
- The county/state health department strongly discourages the use of locker rooms with games returning. Therefore we are asking that skaters arrive as dressed as possible with the intention of using the seating by each rink to tie skates etc. We will have additional seating in the locker room hallways to create more space for players to tie skates. Because of the limited seating area, we will alternate groups between chairs/ locker rooms as an area to complete getting dress (not intended as an area to fully dress).
- 48 hour notice will be required before gameplay (i.e. Coach A schedules a game against an opponent for Friday evening, arena staff must be notified by Wednesday evening). Please let us know when a practice slot be used for game ice, so we can prepare to host 2x the amount of people.
- To begin opponents will be limited to organizations within Niagara & Erie counties
- Following the completion of game/practice we ask that all users depart the facility within 15 minutes